Samuel S. Shapiro
Professor, Department of Statistics
Ph.D. in Statistics, Rutgers University (1963)
goodness-of-fit tests, engineering statistics, data analysis.
- Statistical Models in Engineering, (with G.
Hahn), John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1967 - Russian
Edition, Moscow, 1969.
- How to Test for Normality and other Distributional
Assumptions, ASQC Basic References in Quality Control:
Statistical Techniques, 1980.
- Statistical Modeling Techniques, (with A.
Gross), Marcel Dekker, 1981.
Articles (Partial List)
- An Analysis of Variance Test for
Normality, (with M. B. Wilk). Biometrika, 52, 1965, 591-611.
- An Analysis of Variance Test for the
Exponential Distribution, (with M. B. Wilk). Technometrics, 14, 1972, 355-370.
- Approximate Analysis of Variance
Test for Normality, (with R. S. Francia). Journal of the American Statistical Association , 67, 1972, 215-216.
- On the Johnson System of Distributions, (with J. Slifker). Technometrics, 22, 1980, 239-246.
- Bernoulli Trials and Discrete
Distributions, (with H. Zahedi). Journal of Quality Technology, 22 Pg. 1990.
- An Alternative Test for Normality Based
on Normalized Spacings, (with L. Chen). J. Statistical Computation and Simulation, 53, 1995, 269-288.
Department of Statistics
Florida International University
Miami, FL 33199
(305) 348-2745 or (305) 348-2741
FAX: (305) 348-6895